There’s still time to send in your entries for the 2012 Real Living Reader Decorating Competition, but be quick!
Entries close December 3, 2012. The winner as determined our panel of judges will receive a fabulous prize pack, comprising: this gorgeous Baby Jasper modular sofa Package 1 in Premium King fabric, as pictured, valued from $4930 from King Furniture. Plus, a new top-of-the-range ECONAVI 554L Panasonic refrigerator valued at $1999. And that’s not all – we’ll also run a feature on the winner’s home in the mag!
HOW TO ENTER
Email entries to email@example.com, with your name in the subject window. Or post a disc of images to Real Living magazine, GPO Box 4088, Sydney, NSW 2001. NOTE Make sure your photos are the highest-quality (resolution) that your camera will allow and photograph in natural light. Low-resolution files will not be accepted. Send large files in separate emails if necessary. In your entries, include your full name, postal address and email/phone contact. You can enter as many rooms from your home as you like. Entries must be received by December 3, 2012.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Real Living Magazine readers who are Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. Promotion commences at 10am AEST on 17/09/2011 and ends 11:59pm AEST on 12/11/2012 (“Promotional Period”).
4. To enter, eligible entrants must, during the Promotional Period, purchase the October 2011 issue of Real Living Magazine, and locate the Real Living Reader Decorating Contest 2012 offer on pages 37 and 38. Alternatively they must purchase the November 2012 issue of Real Living Magazine, and locate the Real Living Reader Decorating Contest 2012 offer on pages 37 and 38. Entrants must provide their full name, postal address and email/phone contact details and attach photographs of rooms that they have decorated (NOTE: photographs must be taken in natural light and in the highest quality resolution that the entrant’s camera will allow. Uploaded files must be submitted in JPEG, GIF or PNG format, and must not exceed 3MB file size. Entrants must then, during the Promotional Period, either: a) send their completed entry on a disc or USB stick of the images by mail to Real Living Magazine, PO Box 4088, Sydney, NSW 2011, or b) send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and room name in the subject box along with the above information in the body of the email and attach a digital copy of their photograph. Entrants can enter as many rooms from their home as they like.
5. Without limiting the generality of the above, entries must not contain any material determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion to be obscene, offensive or inappropriate. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to refuse to accept any entry that it deems, in its absolute discretion, to be obscene, offensive or inappropriate, or infringing upon the rights of any third party.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) each entry must be substantially unique; and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
10. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. There will be one (1) round of judging for this promotion in order to determine the “Judges Winner”. Entries close for judging at 11:59pm AEST on 03/12/2012.
11. Each entry will be individually judged based on the creative merit of the image provided. The judging will take place on 06/12/2012.
12. The judges reserve the right to select additional reserve entries, which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order of merit, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
13. The best valid entry, as determined by the judges, will win a Baby Jasper modular sofa Package 1 in Premium King fabric, as pictured in Real Living magazine on at reallivingmag.com.au, valued from $4930 from King Furniture.
Plus, and a ECONAVI 554L Panasonic refrigerator, valued at $1999. Delivery is included in prize. The winner will also have their home featured in Real Living magazine in an issue to be determined by the Promoter. Total prize value is $6929.
14. Finalist entries will be displayed in Real Living Magazine and on homes.ninemsn.com.au.
15. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to invalidate any votes which it reasonably suspects have been submitted using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to personal details and contact information and/or votes that have been submitted through the use of multiple identities, email addresses or accounts, including but not limited to social networking accounts.
16. All winners will be notified by email. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
18. When an entrant submit any materials via the promotion including comments, recordings and images (“Content”), that entrant, unless the Promoter advises otherwise, licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such Content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Each entrant agrees not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use. Each entrant warrants that they have the full authority to grant these rights. Each entrant agrees that they are fully responsible for the Content they submit. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever.
Each entrant warrants and agrees that: (a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) they will obtain prior consent from any person or property that appears in their Content; (c) they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein; (d) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (e) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, each entrant indemnifies the Promoter for any breach of the above terms in relation to their Content.
19. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
20. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
21. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
22. The use of any automated entry or voting software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter or vote repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries/votes submitted by that individual invalid.
23. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
24. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
25. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The collection, use and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this competition is governed by the Privacy Notice (see Contents page of Real Living for location in this issue, and also see below).
26. By entering the competition and providing an email address, the entrant consents to receipt of any email regarding the competition, and other emails which inform the entrant of the Promoter’s other publications, products, services and events and to promote third party goods and services it may be interested in.
27. ACP Magazines Privacy Notice:
Issues of Real Living may contain offers, competitions or surveys which require you to provide information about yourself if you choose to enter or take part in them (reader offers). If you provide information about yourself to ACP Magazines, ACP Magazines will use this information to provide information to contractors that help ACP Magazines to do this. ACP Magazines will also use your information to inform you of other ACP Magazines publications, products, services and events. ACP Magazines may also give your information to organisations that are providing special prizes or offers and that are clearly associated with the reader offer. Unless you tell us not to, we may give your information to other organisations that may use it to inform you about other products, services or events or to give it to other organisations that may use it for this purpose. If you would like to gain access to the information ACP Magazines holds about you, please contact the ACP Magazines privacy officer at ACP Magazines Pty Ltd, 54 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000.
28. The Promoter is ACP Magazines Ltd of 54 Park Street, Sydney NSW 2000. ABN is 18 053 273 546.